26 July 2013

Fantasy Friday: Gygax Day is Tomorrow!

 
 
Well, the big day is upon us at last! Invites are out and are RSVP-ed, the menu is planned. The day's activities will be a lunch of burgers and dogs and for dessert cake! On last week's blog, Ernie Gygax commented, "If you wish the cake to be one that he would have shared it would have had to be a Dribble Cake. Lemon or white cake with a butter cream frosting with bitter chocolate poured over that and refrigerate." And that's what I'm making. It sounds completely delish!
 

 
 
Gamewise, I'm still not sure. I'm leaning toward Swords and Wizardry Complete and running The Endless Tunnels of Enlandin from Dragonsfoot. There's also the possibility that I might just run the classic B2 The Keep on the Borderlands using the B/X ruleset. I might also do a Dungeon Crawl Classics funnel using Paul Fini's DC-1 The Outpost on the Edge of the Far Reaches. Finally, I might decide to run Gary's classic Gamma World module GW1 The Legion of Gold. So many choices, so little time!
 

 
 
Well, that's all until I update the results of the Day on Sunday! Until next time, gentle readers, let the dice fly high!

No comments: