08 January 2012

[Battletech] Painting Progress and Schedule

Ok, here's what I have lined up at the moment.

In final painting phase:

Liao/Death Commandos
Atlas

Liao/House Ma-Tsu Kai
Raven
Vindicator


Marik/1st Marik Militia
Orion
Marauder II MAD-4S (IWM 20-234)
Stalker

Comstar/2nd Com Guards
Highlander

Currently in the process of prepping for Wave 2, I've got the following:

Based, Ready to Prime
Cataphract

Needs Based
Crusader (Unseen)

Old 1990's Stripping
Warhammer
Archer
Battlemaster
Shadow Hawk (just needs to be glued)

1987 Ral Partha Stripping
Hunchback

I picked this guy up off Ebay. He had a camo scheme similar to Clan Smoke Jaguar.

To Be Assembled
Inner Sphere Standard Battle Armor (1 C* Level I, 6 figures)
Kanga Jump Tank (2)
Victor
Centurion
Longbow

When Wave Two is done, I'll have the following:

Liao/Death Commandos
Atlas


When I started Wave One, this one was originally slotted to be part of my Comstar Level II. But I changed my mind after I primed it. I still have 4 more Atlases, so it's not a big deal. :) I do plan on doing up a lance of Death Commandos, so this is a good start.




Liao/House Ma-Tsu Kai
Raven
Vindicator
Warhammer
Cataphract


This is a good solid Capellan lance in 3039 or in 3050. The Raven will be the -4X variant in 3039; the ECM equipment was horrible at that time, and the -4X trades it in for more armor, jump jets, and 2 machine guns. It becomes a really nice light mech; not the equal of the Panther but definitely better than the Jenner. Plus, the -4X is intro level; the -1X is experimental. A really good urban fighter. BV is 4471 (3039) or 4845 (3050).




Marik/1st Marik Militia

Orion
Stalker
Longbow
Archer
Marauder II (-4S)

The Marauder II is the one off here. It's such a beast, it is unlikely to be used for anything outside of the Inner Sphere Open Round in a tournament. Again, this lance is built for either 3025 or 3050 by just changing variants. This is definitely a fire lance with the Orion acting as the "command" mech. BV is 5802 (3025) or 6766 (3050).


Comstar/2nd Com Guards

Highlander
Battlemaster
Crusader
Kanga Jump Tank (2)
IS Standard BA (Laser)

This unit is designed as Level II that fought at Tukayyid. It's designed to go in there and mix it up with the Clan, so all the mechs are Star League era technology: the Battlemaster is the -1Gbc variant and has a command console, the Highlander is the HGN-732, the Crusader is the -3R, and the Kangas, well there they are. I would use the -2R variant on the Crusader, but apparently only the Wobblies get that one. BV is a hefty 7192. I have a nice plan for another Level II to back it up. See below. :)


Davion/3rd Davion Guards
Victor
Centurion
Hunchback
Shadowhawk


This is definitely a Davion lance: lots of ACs to go "BANG, BANG!"

So, when I'm done (by the end of the month, fingers crossed), I'll have 4 solid lances ready to go: painted, sealed, and flocked. They'll still need unit and faction decals, but I have to wait until I can get them from Fighting Pirannha. Then what will I do for Wave 3?

Well, I have another Level II for my "Tukayyid" Comstar force I'm putting together. Of course, this one falls under the experimental rules, but what the Hell. I have 1 Wasp LAM, 5 Stinger LAMs, and 1 Phoenix Hawk LAM. I also have a lead on a couple of Wasps and another Phonenix Hawk. Preferably, I'd make this Level II 2 of each; otherwise, it'll be 5 Stingers with the Phoenix Hawk as the "command" vehicle. This is not because I see LAMs as "zOMG uber!" They're actually pretty weak as they do neither job well. However, I can see Comstar having them in stockpliles and using them for recon and air support.

3rd Bear Guards
Wave 3 will probably also see the start of my Clan, uh, nova? (Stupid Clanners changing things!) It will be, of course, Clan Ghost Bear and I'm going with the 3rd Bear Guards, Alpha Galaxy for my paint scheme.

IV Legio Comitatensis
And I will finally get to my Periphery units. I should have my Ravager BA and Marian infantry minis by then as well as some more vehicles. That should be more than enough to work on for Wave 3.

1st Royal Guards (Steiner)
Wave four will probably be working on Lyran and Kuritan units. We'll see.

Ryuken-Ni (Kurita)
 Oh, and for those who are keeping score, the current list of minis is: 106 mechs, 7 LAMs, 48 BA (all IS Std.), 44 vehicles and 2 aerospace fighters (mech scale).

2 comments:

Anthony N. Emmel said...

On further reflection, I could use the -5M Crusader; it's a 3050 upgrade listed as Inner Sphere General. Just because Comstar uses stockpiled SLDF mechs doesn't mean they couldn't get some cyrrent upgrades. Fluff-wise, the -5M is a Marik refit, and the FWL became the "Arsenal of the Inner Sphere" after the Outreaach summit, supplying the front with war material. That would raise the BV to 7283.

Anthony N. Emmel said...

I pulled out my Tukayyid book yesterday and the -5M Crusader is liste din the C* RATs. So that's a go.